FarMers Market Crockpot Cook-Off
The time has come to dust off your crockpot and put on your chef’s hat.
Sign up to bring your tastiest, signature crockpot , soup or chili (any style you want).
Enter to win one of three categories or try to win all three!
3 winners at each Market location
Best of Show
Most Farmers Market/Local Ingredients
The More Local The Better
All Vegetables, Vegetable Broth or Stock, Containing No Animal Meat or Animal Products
Beef, Pork, Lamb, Chicken or Turkey, No Wild Game Local Meat Encouraged
2 oz. Serving Ladle
Tasting Serving Bowls
Printed Information Card
- Crockpot full of deliciousness
- Entry fee if necessary
- An appetite :)
- Bring crockpot already cooked and ready to eat
- There will be an hour for set up so as to allow crockpots to get hot etc.
- Each crockpot will be given an identification number
- The number is visible to the public
- Voter/Tasters each get 3 votes to be dropped into a ballet box, 1 for each category
- Keep the cook of each crockpot a secret—as to not throw the vote!
- “Self-Serve” Tasting
- 2 oz. Serving Ladles provided
- Crock Pot Requirements: minimum size, 6 quarts
- Contestants may enter more than 1 crockpot
- Each crockpot may only be entered into one category
- Each contestant is responsible for cleaning up their area at the end of the Cook-Off
- There will not be an area for cleaning of dishes
- No items shall be allowed to remain after the close of the Cook-Off
ALL Member Vendors receive 1 Free Entry to both Market Locations
$5 Adult Tasting
$2 Kid Tasting (9 & Under)
ALL Member Vendors receive 1 Free Tasting Ticket to both Market Locations
1, 2 oz sample of every crockpot
Contestants must enter to participate by October 11th at midnight
Enter Below or Enter in person at the Farmers Markets
Buena Vista, Fridays, 3 to 7 PM in South Main Town Square
Salida, Saturdays, 8 AM to 12:30 PM in Alpine Park